Where am I??

Friday, October 10, 2008

observations on my way to work

its funny how you view life depending on what mental state/ stage you are in.

i got up early today (hurrah) and decided to get to work early for the public service (yes, i got to work before 9--- 8:30am in fact!)

I noticed the following and i thought it was all very peculiar:

the skin of quarter chunks of watermelon on the bush path on the way to the train station this morning

as i was on the train, i noticed 'couples' on the train and one in particular was a guy with a youngish trendy chick. i noticed he wore white loafers. (if you have ever encountered the book-- never date a guy with alligator shoes-- you'll know what i mean i.e. white shoes= players= danger!)

i was listening to my new downloaded music... not new music, but new to my collection to get me happy that a) its friday and b) how i love daylight saving and the sunshine across the bridge on the way to work... Feist "Mushaboom" is a new favourite... as "The Shins" 2001 debut album has some really tops tunes on it.

i also decided to bring in my newly purchase JUMBO yellow Cup and saucer set from T2 to work today. Its to help me enjoy my tea bliss, even while im at work! (accompanied by 'Gorgeous Geisha' Green Tea :) JOY!)

I am also thankful for good friends and their exciting new phase of their lives. Margie & Jase just bought a beautiful house in Summer Hill. Wow. My friends are all grown up--- they have lots of bedrooms and beautiful furniture! Im coveting her current ability to be able to set up her own various tea sets in the buffet and other wedding gift paraphenalia (i have no idea how to spell that-- i must look it up!)

other cool stuff is that im heading out to the cat & fiddle tonite to hear some friends play in their band ' the new frontier' or something or rather... i havent heard them live before... but i enjoy live music. lots. (not so much cover bands in pubs--- although i wont scoff at covers, they can be done very very well, like that triple J collection ive heard from various artist's interpretation... was it an australian band that did a cover of kylie's 'cant get you out of my head')

anyhoo.. i am rambling.

oh. im happy too ... because i got up early, i made this .... may i say.. AWESOME smoothie.

so all is good with the world.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments: