Where am I??

Monday, June 09, 2008

turning 3.

my nephew turned 3 yesterday.

he had a party at willoughby with a toy castle and slippery dip. cupcakes. fried rice. coffees ( not for the kids! for the adults, my groovy brother barista makes the best hot chocs!). facepainting (provided by yours truly)...so cute!

which brings me to a funny story.

My nephew loves Thomas the Tank Engine. I thought he wanted to be facepainted as a 'tiger'. He was adamnant on Thomas so Thomas it was.

Freakin hilarious though--- i pained a grey coloured/ nose/ mouth area and the rest of his face was painted blue.

he loved it!

I was enjoying the painting ;) ... even funnier was his best friend, Xavier (i love that name, it starts with an X!?!).

V: 'Xavier-- what 'face' would you like painted?'
X: (pondering and looking at his friend's 'Thomas' face)
" I want to be Blue"
V: (laughing... at the thought that if i were to paint him blue-- it was going to look hilarious and wondering... what would his parents think?)
" You would like to be Blue... ok, like Nathan? or would you like to be Thomas? Because he is blue"
X: ' Yes, Thomas'
V: " Ok, Blue Thomas it is.".

i dont have any photos on hand to post up, but i tell you what. That made my day.
It gets better though.

My brother in Law, Matt came up to me later and (smiling) said... (after seeing Nathan in his 'Thomas/ Blue faced glory')
" Who turned my son into 'Braveheart? They cant take away our... FREEDOM!"

I thought that was freakin hilarious!

That topped off a fun filled tiring day of kiddie entertainment, noise and cold.

... Later that day

I recalled the story to my sister, Sharon about Xavier and the 'Blue' and she thanked me again for painting the kid's faces.

I then joked about how my other sister Michelle had originally requested me to do her makeup for her wedding in Holland. Now, dont get me wrong, I have done a theatrical makeup course before and I have done my sisters makeup for parties etc ( i love painting! faces/ canvasses etc) however... It crossed my mind that i dont really want the pressure of making my sister look her 'best' on her wedding day... which leads me to think if i sent her a picture of my latest 'makeup' pursuits, that indeed, she might end up looking 'blue' on her wedding day.

Certainly puts a new spin on something new, something borrowed, something BLUE!

hahahahahhahahahaha.


If anyone would like me to paint their face or their kids faces at their next party. just give me a bell!! ( for me to dress up as an asian clown will cost extra).

No comments: