Where am I??

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

a man with a gun standing on a sidewalk.

its amazing how many guns ive seen.

not to alarm you at all...

but the funniest thing i saw this morning on my way back from the gym (yes, i now go to a gym in antigua... it was my first pilates class in a while and it nearly killed me)...

anyways,..

i wish i had my camera... but it was a guy with a big rifle and a few cases of OJ. Yes thats right. Orange juice.

not sure why it was so precious... but there wasnt anything else around and he was just standing there in his uniform, with his gun... with the OJ.

oh... and the latest heckle i have recently gotten aside from the typical latin american men staring as i walk down the street is "chinita Chinita!" (= chinese girl)... oh dear...

at least thats slightly better than 'sayonara'. i get that quite a bit too.

ah... the racial jokes are coming back!

1 comment:

jo said...

I get canchita canchita, others negrita, others gordita, or flacita....so chinita not too bad in the scheme of things...