Where am I??

Friday, April 06, 2007

I once was Blind.. but NOW i see!



Amazing Grace!
How Sweet the Sound...
That Saved a Wretch Like me!


Peeps.
Praise God.

I can SEE!

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

The Lasik and ' Intralase' thing went ALL without a hitch :D I think i have 20/20 vision. My eyes right now arent 100$ recovered, hence why i put a dollar sign instead of the percentage.... where is it??? haha



My dear sis Kath came to the rescue as my 'grandma' guide into the surgery and out of the surgery. Without mistaking... no, she's not the grandma ( i am)... i had to keep my eyes closed out of the surgery... back to the car....

If you would like a point by point, minute by minute eye suction, weird alien style 80's movie 'cocoon' renditon of lights and blinky things, blue surgery hair caps and shoe covers, bad 'phantom of the opera' waiting music and 15degree freezing cold conditions so the 'gas' (no, not mine!) of the machines to operate in a controlled and 'safe environment' and the drugs i have had the priveledge of taking in the past 24hours... go ahead!!!

i never take anything stronger than paracetamol. lets just say the valium knocked me out and the codeine helped me sleep the past 12 hours! But gee-whiz, my ability to get up at 5:30am is still ticking like clock work!!

OMYG!!!!!!!!!!

I cant swim for a week, which is a bummer, moreso because incase of infection in my eyes, but heck. This is now a lifetime without ever having to worry whether my contact lenses will get washed out in the surf! woohoo!!!

They even gave me these groovy looking shades/ goggles to wear out of the surgery to add to my crazy collection of sunnies! :D :D
xoxo


2 comments:

Manolo Blah Blah said...

That's awesome Van! I'm so getting that done when we move back to Oz. (I don't trust US doctors!). How bad was your eye-sight before the operation?

Vanora F said...

Bailster-- i was as blind as a bat. - 5.25. you cant get more coke bottle glasses bad than that! GET SFT to hook youse up when youse get back!!
xo