Where am I??

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Marjorie Dawes...


You know when you watch a TV show that contains some serious satire… that you know that a lot of the time it is based off a real character/ type or stereotype?

Today. I have met Marjorie Dawes. If you don’t know who im talking about… check out 'Little Britain'… and look out for the 'Fat Fighters Club'…

This is the lady that works the first shift at my current posting for tempwork…

My encounter was brief… as she finishes her shift at 1 and I promptly start at 1…. This executive reception never felt so….

Well. There isnt much going on here.

I mean, there is a really cool security monitor that sits to the right of me, but as for a busy reception, … nothing could be further from the truth.

As for the lady that I have replaced during her annual leave… this is where people come to die!

Anyhoo, back to the story.

So, Marjorie Dawes. She is ever so slightly on the bigger boned side. Glasses, short blondish hair… and to make it Marjorie… she had the accent… and… the lisp.


"S'Alright, I must be off now… do you know where the bathrooms are?... I have left some instructions, notes here for you… its going to be a quiet afternoon. Lorrie left some handover notes right?... Ok… see you tomorrow, I'm in a hurry…"


I don’t know about you, but I certainly wasn’t born yesterday (despite still appearing to look like a teenager!! I got "20" the other day! I have graduated!)

I love how people presume because you are 'new' that you have no idea what to do.

I mean seriously.

Its reception.

The phone has rung once since I have been here, and its been 24minutes to be exact!

Anyhoo, I am trying to make light of a not very exciting proposition. But as with all things… without making drama out of the ordinary… life gets pretty dull!

Hence my ability to make fun of the trivial… I enjoy the sport!

Anyhoo… That encounter with Marjorie (or her twin--) has made my day.

(And if that’s about as exciting as it gets, I have a long 2 week stint here!!)

Haha.

Have you encountered a TV stereotype/ lookalike recently? And no, Home&Away stars don’t count! :P

No comments: