Where am I??

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Time to think...

hmm...

What does one do when one contemplates the 'next step'... in life?

Well... the minivan has had much time to reflect on what to do next...

I love the thrill of the fact that i can... in fact... do almost ANYTHING now that i am not tied down to a full time job...

Now, this Thrill for most... would be considered very 'risque' or even crazy... but really... what can one little minivan do??

For 1) I have got a 2 week temp job ... as an executive receptionist at Transgrid-- ha! the govt. body for electricity in australia!! ... so if you want to call me between 1-6pm over the next few weeks... go ahead... they have some serious spam blockage... i dont even think i can open up GOOGLE in the office! (boring!) let alone bore you with my blog entries there... shame really!

So... what are some things i could do?

1) thinking of doing a course on journalism at the local community college... get the creative juices flowing

2) wondering if i want to seriously consider doing the Gold Coast Marathon on July 1... (no, not 42km, but the half marathon at something like 21.0936 km or whatever it is)... do i want to run for almost 2 hours to pass out?... the thought has occurred to me!

3) planning to raise some serious cash for my trip to Watoto/ Uganda in Oct... and visiting my sister in Rotterdam (Holland) afterwards... and seriously considering bungee jumping at Vic Falls in Zimbabwe (after i help build houses for orphans... or risk dying and wasting e.one's time and money to send me there!)

4) seriously considering trying to work in the TV production/ film industry again... sparking my creative juices and my original desire to work in event management... because it 'seemed' more accessible than tv production... (fyi- did you know my dad was the chief engineer at SBS all those years ago?? plus there is a room/ small production geek office named after him actually at the station in artarmon...)

5) random note: i have actually stood on the set of 'the movie show' with margaret and david years ago when they were still on SBS.

6) I have an offer to work on contract with the Sydney Marathon again this year... its not full time, but the work will be pretty good and well, i've done it for about 3 years, so it'll be like a walk in the park (or across the sydney harbour bridge)! (and it will pay $$ or at least something!...)

Anyhoo... those are my thoughts at the moment...

I am trying to do the whole 'possibility thinking' with the world according to robert schuller... who i believe is one the main reasons i still have dreams to try to conquer!!!

down with the nine to five (although aunty carol gave me her DVD of this movie-- wanna come round to watch it? starring dolly parton!) hahaha

working parttime- temp working never felt so good!!!! (i am secretly crying on the inside wondering how the heck life turned out so crazy, but heck, im all the better for it!!)

feel free to send some love to the vanny re: encouragement... I am afterall... unemployed... sorta!! hopefully not for long!!

xo stay in skool!

love yas :D

2 comments:

Gee said...

Mate! I know exactly how you're feeling - I'm going through a lot of the same thing myself. Just read the rantings on my blog (http://glcchan.spaces.live.com).

My only bit of "wisdom" (because I'm so old therefore the garbage that comes out of me must be wise, or something ... heheheh) is DO IT WHILE YOU CAN. Whatever it is you want to do, do it now. Heck, don't just do it now - do it all - now! Because, otherwise, before you know it, you'll have become old and decrepid like me and not being able to do half the things you want to do, because stupid foreign governments see 35 as over the hill and an undergrad degree as not enough education.

Sorry - end rant.

I hope you do end up doing everything your heart desires - do it for me too! :-)

Big hugs - we need to catch up soon.

G xx
(part of the Great Wall of China)

Vanora F said...

thanks for your 'wisdom' gee... i really appreciate it! very true... very true... but you know... its never too late! never say never! :D xo