Where am I??

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

a nice quote. yumcha...and...are eyes the window to the soul?

happiness is a healthy mental attitude, a grateful spirit, a clear conscience, and a heart full of love.

  • my mum gave me a little book today with lovely quotes. isnt she a darl? oh bless her.

  • had yum-cha today with my 2 sisters sharon, michelle & her fiancee percy and mum. i forgot how dramatic a full-car-ride to northsydney could create such havoc! backseat drivers aside...

  • ok. on another tangent.
... what do you guys think:

" it needs no dictionary of quotations to remind me that eyes are the windows of the soul" Max Beerbohm.

do you guys think this is true? what does it really mean... to say that 'eyes are the windows to the soul'?

can you really tell what a person is really like through their eyeballs? :P or is this just a lame attempt to question the realities of blindness? see ryans post which in that case... you may think you're seeing into someones soul, until you realise you cant even find your reading glasses? (random!)

or... is this just a creepy rendition of 'playschool' where you look through the 'round window'.... and there are kids skipping and playing outdoors in a 70's video with a voiceover by 'jemima' and 'big ted' start freaking you out.

ok. now i'm scaring myself.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I don't reckon the eyes are the window to the soul. I doubt there even exists a window to the soul. Perhaps spending a few decades living with someone can help you get to understand their soul eventually. But that's hardly a window.