Where am I??

Friday, September 29, 2006

minivan megaLONGWEEKEND! WOOHOO!

BY GEORGE! its LAKE GEORGE!
do you guys see any water? for those that have driven to canberra, you'll know what i mean... is this just a drought stricken massive 'body of land' haha, or what is it? i have never seen water in this lake... just cows... but heck- i'm not complaining!

As you can guess, its been another month, and another drive to visit my favourite 'nation's capital'... canberra... and i get to see Margie! YAY!





So aside from listening to my ipod- MJ blaring! ...driving along the beautiful NSW countryside... (how can we have roadtrips now without pics in the car! haha LFC 06!) what does one do when one visits canberra? The floriade is on for one... but dont worry, i'll savour that for the 'real' grannies... remember, i'm just a wannabe granma that crochets! i think i'd prefer to go with my mum or margie or someone! but the reason for the name of this blog is because i got to drive to canberra on a 'thursday'... and well, usually i'd come down on a friday and stay for the weekend, but as margie has a full schedule and well, im SO popular, i'm going paintballing on the weekend... i want to be back in SYDNEY for the long weekend!

ok. so i'm here mooching off margie in her apartment on a friday morning- she's gone to work to work in an important job at parliament house (serious!) and most likely for the Queen one day--- (serious!!!!)--
I on the other hand have one more Tandy store to visit and well.... what are my plans considering this is really just my excuse to take friday off/ drive home to sydney from canberra? haha such is the life of a travelling salesman!! (the important stuff in life!! wireless internet!)

well, for one as in my last canberra blog , its a perfect day to stop by goulburn to visit my old mate 'BIG Merino'... but as with all this van-ified, i will re-name him MEgaFunMerino! dont worry, i WILL take embarassing photos of myself infront of the statue when i get there!

Aside from that, Margie and i enjoyed a fantastic Turkish meal from a cool turkish (duh) restaurant that is LITERALLY across the street from her place- sweet!!!!
Here are some pics of the AWESOME freshly baked Turkish bread-- only $3 bucks!!! that we (even the van) could barely make a dent in that loaf! TASTY. (* note, pictures are of actual people with real bread-- not to scale!)

2 comments:

Manolo Blah Blah said...

It's 3.30am, I am really tired, my eyes are too sore to read your latest blog entry tonight, but I just have to say whatever that food is in the last 2 photos, it looks sooooo good. I just got home and am starved for snacks. I'm looking forward to getting up and reading what the food is tomorrow.

Vanora F said...

thanks bailey! its fresh turkish bread!