Where am I??

Monday, May 28, 2007

hanging with the golden oldies...



Hiya Peeps.

I have a funny story to tell:

No, I have not had the priveledge of being offered a 'senior's' card...
although i did feel a significant ' generational gap' yesterday, when in fact my dear mother bought me a a ticket to none other than the:

Louis Armstrong Tribute- at the Cremorne Orpheum. (Matinee of course!)

With the movie 'High Society' following a very awesome 5 piece jazz band playing all Louis' hits and even some Gershwin snuck in!

Put it this way, Aunty Iris said to me during the interval... 'Vanora... are you the only young person here in the cinema?'.... which indeed in all truth, i answered 'Yes'... I was the only person in practically the whole room without either a) a blue rinse b) a walking stick c) a seniors card!

although i wouldnt scoff at having any of those if the need ever arose!!!! hahah

I must say I do love the Golden Oldies, to the surprise of Aunty Iris and Mum proudly persisting that 'Yes, Vanora loves the old songs and she plays the piano and the saxophone'! (my secret wish in the past was to become KennyG... ok... i think i 'over' shared this time!) ha!

Considering the majority of Louis' hits were from the 1950s... I do know that I have a love for anything 'Golden' and 'Oldie'.

I am not ashamed!!!!!

Plus, who doesnt think that Grace Kelly is one of the most beautiful women to have ever graced the big screen? She is immaculately beautiful!!! No wonder she was so famous!!!


Anyhoo-- that is my 2cents now...

I am going to go do some painting now.

Such is the life of the unemployed!!

Anyone got a dollar? $$?!!

(so sad!!)

No comments: